The Sabbat Series is a on going feature that will come out at each Wheel Turn.
This mist is a lovely balance of Sweet Orange and Vanilla but you will occasionally get the hint of Bergamot or Lavender right when you need it. This evokes memories of a creamsicle, homemade orange birthday cake and homemade vanilla icing.
Lady Marmalade named by Jennifer McNeely
Lavender, Sweet orange, Bergamot, Vanilla
Major Themes include – Celebrating the longest day; the Sun; celebration of the abundance around you and the power that all life derives from the Sun
Solar Deities include:
(Gods) Ra, Apollo, Ngai, Agni, Freyr, Green Man, Holly King, Oak King
(Goddesses) Wala, Aine, Sol, Xihe, Bast, Green Lady
Colours – Gold, yellow, orange red add greens if you are celebrating the Oak/Holly King theme
Altar Decorations – All things the colours above; fruit and vegetables that are in season
Food – All fruits and vegetables in season and anything you can cook over a fire; bright flavours
like lemon and orange
Things to do for Litha during the day and night
• Rise with the Sun, to honour the day in its entirety.
• Write a gratitude list. What have you manifested so far this year? Spend some time re-visiting the past six months and bring into your consciousness all that you have to appreciate. Give gratitude to the Sun for being the ultimate life-giver and enabling your journey!
• Create a tree Midsummer Tree by writing things that you are grateful for on ribbons and tying them to a tree or plant; or buy a St. John’s Wort and tie them to that
• Light a summer bonfire! By making this a symbol of our Sun, we’re reminded of its constancy and power. Invite your friends to dance around it with you, and recognise your movements as mirroring the movements that our Earth makes each year around this awesome celestial body.
• Get a St. John’s Wort plant; use it to make an oil infusion for protection against the evil eye; keep it and tend to it to promote good health and luck
• Charge your tools or other solstice created things under the sun
• Rise with the Moon, to honour the night in its entirety.
• Have a bonfire and unite the power of the Sun under the moon
• Hang fennel above your entry ways for protection of your home and family; you can also sprinkle water around the house, doors and window using the fennel then hang it above the entry way
Are you feeling extra antsy and eager to reap what you have sown? Or are you experiencing a dip or low from your Ostara energy wave? Are you not yet accustomed to the brighter morning light and in need of daylight “reset”? It can be almost a shock to the system to go from dark to light. It can also be difficult to maintain your energy levels after they were low or “hibernating” over winter and Ostara.
For me, I really love this part of spring more even then the “up in your face” spring that started at Ostara. We are six weeks in to spring and I am seeing the sprouts and benefits of my Ostara seeds. This is when I get anxious about whether or not things are going to work out. Here at home on the West Coast of Canada, or as some call it the “Wet Coast”, my 5:30am wakeup is brighter but with the increased rain not as bright as say 5:30am in San Diego. I have started to actually wake up before my alarm goes off, that is a little annoying but wonderful because I know it means more light, more engery. Recently, after my treadmill work out, I took some time to walk barefoot through the grass in my back yard. All the bluebells, grape hyacinths, trilliums, tulips, daffodils are out in full force. The rhododendrons are starting to bloom and the petals from the stiletto magnolia are floating in the breeze. The air smells so fresh and clean after the spring rain. When I stand still long enough the squirrels come out and run frantically around digging up their hoard of goodies. Blue Jays take roust on the fence and steal what they can. Robins are gathering up food for the hatchlings and the northern flickers are pecking away on everything from the lawn to the metal covers of the kitchen fan outlets. It sounds like spring steel drums. Colour and movement is everywhere.
My goal Beltane to Litha is to continue to nurture what is needed; reap what is ready; plant late seeds or seeds for the next chapter and begin crafting what I will need for summer. Now with the days being longer I can harness more of the God sun energy and put it to work in my everyday life. Spend more time with nature, friends and family. Plan and have gatherings to celebrate all the abundance before me. Get ready for the summer wine and time to recharge my batteries. May and June in my home means an increase in citrus, lemons in particular with their bright colour and flavour. Lemon meringue pie that is just tart enough to make your mouth water and walnut lemon loaf sweet and tangy enough to keep you craving more. I also like to make a few DIY cleaning supplies that smell lemony.
This Sabbat takes place between Ostara (Spring Equinox) and Litha (Summer Solstice) on May 1st. In Wiccan lore it is when the young Goddess is made pregnant by the young God. It is said that Beltane is a really good time for getting pregnant. So if that is not the Beltane “crop” you want to harvest, be extra careful. This is the time of the Oak King and he will reign until Winter Solstice and the time of the Holly King. In the modern traditions it is closely linked to the Roman festival Floralia. This was in honour of the goddess Flora. It was held near the end of April (27th or 28th) and would last for up to six days. The festival had a pleasure-seeking atmosphere and was full of wine, women and song. Neopagan traditions of Beltane are connected to the Gaelic May Day festival. This marked the beginning of the pastoral summer when farmers would put the livestock out to pasture. This was when it was believed that the sprites and faeries were very active (Samhain as well) and that the goal of Beltane rituals and offerings was to appease them. Rituals were done for protection of crops, livestock, and people and to encourage growth. Special bonfires were lit and the fires themselves as well as the smoke, embers and ash were used for protection. All household fires would be lit from these to encourage protection and prosperity for the home and its residence.
The Sugared Lemon Beltane spray was inspired by the fresh smells of spring and the coming of summer. It has a bright clear scent of Lemongrass with a snap of Ginger. It smells like a bright, sunny spring day with the windows open, music playing and dancing while I dust. People have commented (I cannot disagree) it smells just like a lemon gumdrop! I will use it in my sacred space, my bedroom and my office when I am stuck indoors and need an energy bump up. By increasing our vibrations we increase the things that are attracted to us. People, abundance, prosperity are just a few of the things that you can attract. Sugared Lemon Spray was named during a contest and was submitted by Sarah Troffe. It contains a 3% solution of Lemongrass, Lavender, Rosemary, Myrtle, Ginger and Clary Sage; all in a base of Witch Hazel, Emulsifying Oil, Preservative and Distilled Water.
So, will you be celebrating Floralia Festival or is May Day more your style? I like a little of both worlds myself; fun, frolicking and fire. But I will always leave something for the Fae Folk. You should always have protection when you have fun, frolic and dance around fire.
Ostara or Vernal Equinox
Are you having trouble raising energy for this Spring/Equinox? Are you having trouble putting that ”spring” in your step to get things started? Or even trouble getting out of your winter hibernation? It can be difficult when it still feels like winter and everything is still dark and cold. Ostara Bliss helps bring up that energy and to keep it up.
To me, a practicing Wiccan, I really feel like Spring starts to be all up in your face at this time. I live in the Northern Hemisphere on the West Coast of Canada so we still practice Daylight Savings Time. Here we “spring” our clocks ahead an hour and gain even more daylight. The first flowers of Spring are pushing up and those of us who plant start preparing and sowing seeds in greenhouses, window boxes and in heat lamped rooms. I start to feel more awake, engaged in my surroundings and I must admit, even a little frisky. Animals that were hibernating start to wake and stumble from their sleep. Looking for food, friends and someone to start a family with so that by the time the little bundles arrive there will be an abundance of food for them in the summer months. Now, in all reality I am sure this has already begun in the big world of nature but I think it’s the bunny in the myth that makes me think this way.
Over the next part of The Wheel, Ostara to Beltane, I will use this blend as I plant seeds in parts of my life. When I am spring cleaning it will leave the air ripe for sowing seeds of good habits and energy. For planting seeds or tending new growth of my crops it will help me channel energy to encourage growth and strength into the new plants. I will use it during my Ostara Ritual work. Lastly, to stop and take a deep breath, to remind myself that it is time to wake up from the winter blues, get out into the world and start the next part of my path. (Who am I kidding I will use it to make my space smell great as well)
This Sabbat takes place at the Spring Equinox but often gets caught up or co-opted into Easter. Bunnies, eggs, what was thought dead risen again. You get my gist. From what I have read and I am not an expert by any means, it would seem that originally only Winter and Summer Solstices were practiced regularly. That it was adopted to balance out the Wheel of the Year and to allow those who were still in the closet to have another two solar festivals to worship at. That Eostre the Anglo-Saxon Goddess of the Dawn, associated with Ostara, is not mentioned in any belief system prior to Christianity. The trouble being that there is no historical record pertaining to a Pagan festival before this.
I was inspired by the coming of spring for this mist. It has a lovely light scent of Ylang Ylang and Sweet Orange with an undertone of Rose and Cardamom. To me it smells like the Spring morning sun as it is just starting to brighten the sky while I watch from a hilltop. Ostara Bliss named during a contest and was submitted by Sharron Basanti. It contains a 3% solution of Ylang Ylang, Rose Absolute, Sweet Orange and Cardamom in Witch Hazel, Emulsifying Oil , Preservative and Distilled Water.
So this Ostara/Easter/Spring/Vernal Equinox set your intention, give it a spritz and see what sprouts.
EO Chakra Products
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of an essential blend), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Michelle Maynard-Beall of EO Chakra Products, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Michelle@eochakraproducts.com.