A Wheel of the Year Aromatherapy Ritual Spray for Ostara or Vernal Equinox
Are you having trouble raising energy for this Spring/Equinox? Are you having trouble putting that ”spring” in your step to get things started? Or even trouble getting out of your winter hibernation? It can be difficult when it still feels like winter and everything is still dark and cold. Ostara Bliss helps bring up that energy and to keep it up.
To me, a practicing Wiccan, I really feel like Spring starts to be all up in your face at this time. I live in the Northern Hemisphere on the West Coast of Canada so we still practice Daylight Savings Time. Here we “spring” our clocks ahead an hour and gain even more daylight. The first flowers of Spring are pushing up and those of us who plant start preparing and sowing seeds in greenhouses, window boxes and in heat lamped rooms. I start to feel more awake, engaged in my surroundings and I must admit, even a little frisky. Animals that were hibernating start to wake and stumble from their sleep. Looking for food, friends and someone to start a family with so that by the time the little bundles arrive there will be an abundance of food for them in the summer months. Now, in all reality I am sure this has already begun in the big world of nature but I think it’s the bunny in the myth that makes me think this way.
Over the next part of The Wheel, Ostara to Beltane, I will use this blend as I plant seeds in parts of my life. When I am spring cleaning it will leave the air ripe for sowing seeds of good habits and energy. For planting seeds or tending new growth of my crops it will help me channel energy to encourage growth and strength into the new plants. I will use it during my Ostara Ritual work. Lastly, to stop and take a deep breath, to remind myself that it is time to wake up from the winter blues, get out into the world and start the next part of my path. (Who am I kidding I will use it to make my space smell great as well)
This Sabbat takes place at the Spring Equinox but often gets caught up or co-opted into Easter. Bunnies, eggs, what was thought dead risen again. You get my gist. From what I have read and I am not an expert by any means, it would seem that originally only Winter and Summer Solstices were practiced regularly. That it was adopted to balance out the Wheel of the Year and to allow those who were still in the closet to have another two solar festivals to worship at. That Eostre the Anglo-Saxon Goddess of the Dawn, associated with Ostara, is not mentioned in any belief system prior to Christianity. The trouble being that there is no historical record pertaining to a Pagan festival before this.
I was inspired by the coming of spring for this mist. It has a lovely light scent of Ylang Ylang and Sweet Orange with an undertone of Rose and Cardamom. To me it smells like the Spring morning sun as it is just starting to brighten the sky while I watch from a hilltop.
So this Ostara/Easter/Spring/Vernal Equinox set your intention, give it a spritz and see what sprouts.
It contains a 3% solution of the essential oils of: Ylang ylang, Rose absolute, Sweet orange, Cardamom; Distilled Water; Witch Hazel; Emulsifying Oil and a preservative.
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of an essential blend), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Michelle Maynard-Beall of EO Chakra Products, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Michelle@eochakraproducts.com.
I try to source all my supplies from local Canadian businesses. I always check to make sure the oils I use are ethically sourced and where possible organic. I use only essential oils and no fragrance oils. No unneeded chemicals.
Yes I can do custom and personalized orders. Prices will vary based on product, volume and oils used. Time frame may vary based on the product requested. If there is a size you want but it’s not listed I can look into it and give you a quote.
There is only one person and that is me. I design, develop, make, package and ship all products and orders.
All sprays are for external use only. Not for the body unless otherwise stated. All oils should be used as directed as some are not safe on the skin unless diluted in a carrier first.
Aug 2, 2020
So fantastic! It smells sacred, with a spicy sweetness. Although it says "Ostara" I use it as a before ritual spray for the Sabbats and moon phases. It's great for getting in the mood for magic or connecting with spirit.